Whether you’re new to the area or looking to change dentists, your comfort and overall experience is most important. At Mortenson Family Dental, we specialize in creating comfortable and friendly dental experiences for patients of all ages.
Meet One of Our Many Trusted Dentists
Dr. Branham Hill, DMD, has been serving Louisville as a general dentist at Mortenson Family Dental since his graduation from the University of Louisville Dental School. He completed a General Practice Residency at UofL Hospital where he received training in advanced general dentistry, oral surgery and dental implants. And now, he’s here to discuss the most important criteria in choosing a new dentist.
Your Questions Answered
Question: Most people choose a dentist based on price or location. As a dentist, what do you believe is the most important criteria in choosing a new dentist, and why?
Answer: Choosing a new family dentist can be as simple as accepting a recommendation from a friend, or it can be a perplexing decision based on an Internet search for a particular need. In either circumstance, there is a set of standards I follow.
- I always present to every new patient a treatment plan based on the golden rule – treat everyone just as you would like to be treated.
- Each person is welcomed to my practice in that way and each person is presented with a treatment plan based on his or her individual circumstances.
- At the same time, I present the most modern and up-to-date techniques available in modern dentistry.
Question: What are some red flags to look for when choosing a new dentist?
Answer: Here are the most common red flags I’ve seen.
- They’re using old technology
- They aren’t educated in ever-evolving dental practices
- Their office is not clean
- They skip oral cancer screenings
- They didn’t request your old dental records
- They always try to sell you “extra” services
Question: Are there certain questions to ask when calling to find a new dentist?
Answer: Yes. It is important to get answers before you go. Here are some important questions to ask:
- In what areas do you specialize?
- Do you provide payment options?
- Do you take X-rays when needed?
- Will you guarantee my satisfaction?
- Do you have a method to determine how many visits I will need?
- Will you show me ways of preventing what you’ll be treating?
- Will you provide a treatment plan based on my unique needs?
If a dentist makes you feel anxious, or does not properly take the time to address your individual needs, then he or she probably isn’t the right dentist for you.
At Mortenson Family Dental, we know the importance of a happy, healthy smile. We are proud to offer high quality dental care since 1979. We know your smile is important to you, and it is important to us too. That is why we use the latest dental technology, offer a full range of dental services and build personal relationships with our patients. You’ll be treated like family when you visit one of our convenient Kentucky, Southern Indiana or Southern Ohio locations. Click here to find a Mortenson Family Dental location near you.